Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice

Going to start setting this one up. Just wanted a judgement call on profiles. What do people prefer, official profiles or PCS profiles?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Highlights on ITV4, nice!

Gecko-cyclist | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ah the crosswinds are back to make a mockery of us all over again. 29 points in standard and 164 in purist for me pending any tweaks, go figure? Great race to watch but it must've been hell to ride....

11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Being the resident anorak (and having neither of the riders in question in my teams) I have noticed that Barbier the younger has got the10 points for coming last when it appears that he finished outside the time limit.  Ackermann would then be the last man home and get an extra 10 points..... Sorry to be such a pedant! 

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Roger that, PCS hadn't updated that and the official site doesn't mention it. I'll change it. Great news for Ackermann owners everywhere!

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ah, Paris-Nice.  Four dull 200km flat stages in a row during which Perichon, Offredo or similar pick up the KOM for a few days, then a couple of proper stages and the Col d'Eze.  Will just pick five sprinters and come back later... oh hang on, what's this?  A hill in the first stage? Will no-one think of the children?

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Jumbo Visma now out, no Roglic.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Impressed with whatever the algorithm is for prices. I think we have the best season for many years coming up in the sprints with half a dozen or so top riders all very evenly matched...and the prices are fully showing that. Good stuff.

0 likes

Okay, I'm just gonna open this. Startlist is still a mess. Teams now bringing 8 riders instead of 7. Movistar are out, Circus Wanty and B&B Hotels are in, no rosters yet though. Who knows what will happen, but I'll keep you informed.

Oh, and, because of so many teams pulling out, I might remove it from the season competition. Thoughts?

Gonna give people slightly more budget to play with as well.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

If you've put put so much work and head space into it, and are continuing to do so, I'd keep it in. Seems such a shame otherwise and a bit unfair to you. 

Thanks for your efforts Andy...this must be a bit frustrating for you.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Okay, I'll keep them in. I forgot to redo rider values after adding in Circus and B&B, so all those riders values will be set manually using the Spring Classics for reference.

It is frustrating, at least we now know Strade, Milan, and Tirreno aren't happening, so I can concentrate on Paris-Nice.

1 like

Feel free to adjust Alaphilippe down to 7.0 because he says he's tired....this course doesn't look very good for him anyway (sarc)

0 likes

Four teams now officially withdrawn with UAE joining the list. Only two teams with confirmed rosters so far and all others are sitting on the fence.

Condor Andy replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

CCC also now out. ASO is sending out last minute invites to pro teams.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

CCC also now out. ASO is sending out last minute invites to pro teams.

Must be fairly close to suspending the whole UCI calander for a while now. 

1 like

The current position has Ineos, Mitchelton-Scott, and Astana all out of the race. More teams will possibly follow. I'll update the startlist this morning and open the competition, but the situation may change.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

The current position has Ineos, Mitchelton-Scott, and Astana all out of the race. More teams will possibly follow. I'll update the startlist this morning and open the competition, but the situation may change.

Ineos and Astana as well...crikey...not looking good is it. I'll stick by what I said before, it's actually hard to think of any sport worse than cycling for the spread of a virus. 

stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

I hope this goes ahead, going to be awesome Bernal, Roglic, Quintana, Pinot, Mas, Alaphilippe, Pogacar, Lopez, Landa, Porte, Higuita......and they are just the ones who have announced so far.

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

I hope this goes ahead, going to be awesome Bernal, Roglic, Quintana, Pinot, Mas, Alaphilippe, Pogacar, Lopez, Landa, Porte, Higuita......and they are just the ones who have announced so far.

It's a fantastic line up and some really hard to call stages. Gonna be good.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
1 like

PCS by far. Much clearer, especially on a mobile.

0 likes

Official profile

0 likes

PCS profile

Pages

Latest Comments