Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

....but cyclists

If a cyclist had been involved in so many deaths, you can bet there would've been howls throughout the right wing press. But this....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jun/26/wimbledon-school...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

Spokesperson replied to Rendel Harris | 1 month ago
7 likes

I hope the coroner's inquest will make this clearer. Having seen some of the results of court cases in the past two weeks, I have absolutely no confidence that if a driver crashed into me and killed me, the law would be there to give me justice. "Just didn't see them" came up twice - sorry no, three times. No, four times. Only one person ended up with a proper penalty. And that was a £240 fine for killing another human being.

One driver has been banned from driving for five years, but I have put a marker in my diary, for the day she comes back to court to protest at that severity and asks for it to be removed. 

One of the cases was so ludicrous that it was clear the rozzers started at the point "How can we make sure this poor lady walks free from court?", and brought in victim-blaming (no helmet, no hi-vis on a sunny day) and claiming bushes and other obstructions where there were none as we saw photos of the crash scene. 

Pages

Latest Comments