Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics

About to go live with this one. First up is a double header with Omloop and Kuurne at the weekend. The latter is one of 2 Pro races included in a 15 race competition.

Start lists will be pretty dynamic. I'll often hold of on wholesale changes until start lists are finalised. Otherwise players will receive emails that their riders are not racing and maybe make premature changes and use up valuable transfers. If you do want to change early then select the 'Show all riders' option.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

75 comments

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

We could hope that Pogacer does an Alaphillipe and perhaps does something like what Gilbert did a few years back?  (If he races)

Cancellara has written an article along the lines of what I said today (CyclingNews)... I forgot Pogacer said he'd race Flanders.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

MVDP is ready big showdown Sunday then, and just a few whispers that JA may be riding too although I cant imagine he'll be at their level. One can hope!

Daniel Norton replied to stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

Can't wait.  Pidcock back on form too.  Best one day race in the calendar.  (I'll prob say that before Paris Roubaix.)

Not sure why so many thought it would be a sprint today.  How many bunch sprints have we had in these races recently?

Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

Van der Poel and Pogacar to attack on the Cipressa? He thinks after not selecting VDP!

Daniel Norton replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

Awww. Always willing somone to go on the Cipressa but the pace is just too high. When was the last bunch sprint?

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Righto, that's done. Let me know if there are inaccuracies. Did on a phone outside a pub.

sibrown4 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Caleb Ewan seems to be missing from the MSR roster?

Dr Winston replied to sibrown4 | 2 years ago
0 likes

He's pulled out. Unwell.

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Still 8 teams to confirm. I'll update the start lists later this afternoon when we're more sure of who's starting. If you'd prefer to make changes earlier, then just click on the 'show all riders' option to find everyone.

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

All eyes on Pogacar it seems for Milan-San Remo. 

It really is the most perfectly balanced finish of the year. 

Dr Winston replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Crikey, just reading the news... so many drop outs... but looks like MVDP will be a surprise entry. Surely not.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yep he's apparently in. Got to say, don't believe that Pog is the favourite. I know he's capable of ridiculous stuff, but how much time can he pull out over a guy like Wout on the Poggio?

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Well yeah... not all eyes on him for winning but rather it's seemingly obvious, and expected, that he'll be attacking on the Poggio in a big way. That's gonna make this race really wide open. If Pog goes then Roglic will have to go with him with WVA in tow for the win... very few sprinters will live with that... if any. Exciting.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ewan out now. A bit annoying as I'd left him in as a 'sleeper' for Strade Bianchi to save my transfers! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

I didn't really fancy him so was going to leave him out. I was, however, hoping Valverde would show his face... that's not happening either. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

I was trying to be clever and manage my transfers. Ewan was a decent shout for the next two races. I guess he won't be doing Minerva Classic either now. I should learn that trying to be clever is not top of my skill set! 

d_jp | 2 years ago
0 likes

I just went on to look and it seems as though the Strade Bianche teams are yet to be confirmed & uploaded to the game, is that the case or do I have an issue?

Dr Winston replied to d_jp | 2 years ago
0 likes

It's not been done yet. PCS are still showing one team yet to confirm...maybe that's the hold up.... 

0 likes

The hold up was I was out all day helping my mum with house hunting.  1

0 likes

Nice... Any luck?

0 likes

A couple of interesting ones aye. First day though and no rush.

0 likes

It can take a while.... We've thought about a move of late...quite daunting though. 

0 likes

I'm trying to move to Kendal right now and Mum is shopping for her post-retirement retreat. Saw one today that was a banger. Managed to watch the race in the car, map reading at tthe same time.

0 likes

Nice place... My brother in my ML used to live in Kendal many moons ago.. I used to enjoy visiting him there. 

d_jp replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

👍 Thanks... hopefully be a great race & with a bit of luck I may have chosen well 🤞

All the best for the house hunting!

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Just noticed that Amstel Gold is now before Paris-Roubaix. Does anyone know why? The spring used to be divided neatly, with the Cobbled Classics followed by the Ardennes Classics and the mysterious Brabantse Pijl in between. This has now upset my sense of symmetry not to mention made my transfer strategy harder! 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
1 like

French Presidential elections were a clash.

Unbelievably the Elections are deemed more important that P-R.

First round of elections 10th April, second is 24th so P-R being squeezed in between.

Only made two transfers betweein Omloop and K-B-K.  I might need them later.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Now that is a top question answering service - quick and a proper explanation!  Keeping a few transfers in the bank is probably very wise. 

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

I had a look at the transfers to get a good average and see where the blocks of similar races were. I figured players would want 8 transfers for certain races and Paris-Roubaix made this number bigger. Hopefully we'll all have enough.

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think it's about right. If there are too many transfers then there is no real strategy - just picking a new team for each race. It's part of the fun trying to find the rider who doubles up in P-R and Flèche Wallone..... and then scores in neither! 

Pages

Latest Comments