Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Note on current game state

Hello everyone, just a little update to let players know what's happening so nobody panics and to potentially tell new players how this all works.

The game updates the past couple of days have been really slow to go through with yesterday's update not completing at all. Dave, the owner of the game, is working to figure out the issue and make all future updates run smootly. The admins of the game, myself included, can only prepare and run the updates and hope they succeed. Stage scores seem to go through quite easily, but leagues and rider form etc will only refresh if the update runs to completion. Normally this isn't an issue, but we've seen a growing in the number of players this year for the Tour (wonderful  ) and that might be slowing the game servers.

It should be good as new before long and we'll keep working with Dave to fix the issue. Any questions, fire away below.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah that's something I've been thinking about this year. I tried it partially in the Dauphine. The thing is, when someone DNFs, we can remove them from the standard game so no one picks them anymore and leave them in the purist so they still show in rankings. We just have to be careful not to give anyone assist points if they aren't in the race anymore, as they'll still show on our scoresheets.

Van Aert is still in the purist start list btw. There was something funny going on with him in particular. Even after we fixed the updates and corrected the leagues and rider form, he was still showing as 0 form for some reason.

jollygoodvelo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Seems as good a place as any... if there are any tweaks in the offing, would it be possible to continue showing all riders in the 'rankings' for a tour until the end of it even if they DNF?  At the moment they seem to drop off the list randomly, for example Pinot is still showing in the TDF (purist) but van Aert isn't.

Minor quibble, still the best game out there  1

Timrj17 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi

is there any update on the performance of the leagues etc?

ive not been able to check league position since stage 3!

bit slow getting this sorted road.cc

hopefully you can let us know when it eill be up functioning fully?

thanks

tim

teamcovfefe | 5 years ago
0 likes

Any updates on running scoring totals for the leagues? Right now have not seen a running total or a rank in league for a few days. I am missing valuable bragging rights days!

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Jeez...Kruijswijk and Buchmann 4th and 5th on GC. ..

Great riders...but...I’ve wrote before how they’re (usually) the biggest points dodgers in the game...and once again there they are. How do they manage to do it?

Spirit Merchants | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hey all! (Andy & Dave)

Love the platform and game so for, but one issue that I’m finding troublesome is without a breakdown of each stages scoring, I’m finding it hard to really gauge what’s gone on. 

I don’t mind doing some research but having a league with others is very difficult without knowing how the scoring was built up. 

Yes i I know it’s quasi there in the “how-to” but personally I think we need this after each stage as part of the great detail that’s there.

just an uninformed opinion, but none the less, something I feel like is really needed.

thanks again

Guzzibear | 5 years ago
0 likes

2 days on from the statement above and still not fixed. Makes it tricky to choose teams when all the information is not available. Grrrr!

Latest Comments