Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France 23

I have opened the comp; there will be lots of rider changes I assume, but it will give you something to waste next week thinking about.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

81 comments

RambleOn replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
1 like

Yeah today is the transition day the one that matter the most of the last days

RambleOn | 1 year ago
0 likes

Can I drop my transfer here and you do them for me @admin ? 

naffets | 1 year ago
3 likes

Hi site down so cant do transfers any idea when fixed??
Thanks

RambleOn | 1 year ago
2 likes

Hi Guys, there is a bug I cannot complete my transfers. Any chances to look into it before the deadline been since half an hour. 

11waterloo replied to RambleOn | 1 year ago
3 likes

I'm having the same problem! Been trying for an hour & site is either very slow or crashes m.

RambleOn replied to RambleOn | 1 year ago
2 likes

This is a screenshot. 

Team Greenfield replied to RambleOn | 1 year ago
1 like

I am on an online meeting with half an eye on hoping the bug gets fixed and can make transfers fantasy nightmare!!!

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

It's really hard to know what to do for the upcoming sprints.  Some of the more expensive GC riders will score OK anyway, but if you don't drop them, you have to go without key sprinters.  I always find it tough when this happens.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Especially when there is a mountain stage thrown in the middle of the sprints! I notice that the leader in the TdF standard has gone five stages without a transfer and is comfortably in the lead. Must take nerves of steel not to tinker with the team for that long! 

11waterloo | 1 year ago
1 like

What a Tour that has been so far. I think I need the rest day as much as the riders! I hope the time trial doesn't upset the delicately balanced GC fight, it deserves to be decided 'mano a mano' on stage 17 or, even better, stage 20. Being the TdF it never follows the script though, and that's what makes it the drama it is. 

runaroundsioux replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
2 likes

Agree 11Waterloo, some of the stages have been mad. Pog & Vin seem to be joined at the hip and the better excitement is the other podium spot or KOM jersey. I hope it all goes in line with my proposed transfers from here !!!!!smileysmiley

11waterloo replied to runaroundsioux | 1 year ago
0 likes

Sadly, that appears to be GC battle over! 

Doaky | 1 year ago
0 likes

What's the deal with badges?? Have received one badge  so far

Team Greenfield | 1 year ago
0 likes

I am just enquiring for the points Michael Woods got yesterday 41 pts. I thought for winning the stage and the HC climb it would be more than that but I probably have it wrong.

Condor Andy replied to Team Greenfield | 1 year ago
1 like

Summit finish climbs aren't scored.

Team Greenfield replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Argh thank you that explains

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

What a fantastic stage that was to cap off a brilliant first week! Now they have sorted the infrastructure out, the Puy de Dôme should be a regular TdF climb again. It's like a condensed Mont Ventoux with nowhere to hide. 

tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

The scoring process itself (I don't mean when it is done) seems to have slowed down dramatically. I think this is because the stage results email is sent early in the process, and everyone jumps on road.cc to check scores etc, to the extent that the server shuts down. I have asked Dave if it is possible to delay the email. In the meantime, if you could wait say, 15 mins after email to log on to road.cc, that would allow process to finish quicker. Thanks.

stevemarks | 1 year ago
0 likes

stage 8 Cavendish DNF but hes been scored with 9 points?

tony kappler replied to stevemarks | 1 year ago
1 like

9 points from the Intermediate sprint. To quote from the "how to play" tab, section "scoring information",    "If a rider starts a stage or a single day race then any points they score for that stage will count, even if they abandon the stage. That includes team bonus points."

stevemarks replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

Thank you didn't know that.

9 points from the Intermediate sprint. To quote from the "how to play" tab, section "scoring information",    "If a rider starts a stage or a single day race then any points they score for that stage will count, even if they abandon the stage. That includes team bonus points."

MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
1 like

Stage 4. van der Poel has been  relegated a few riders who were below him are due an extra point.

Guzzibear | 1 year ago
1 like

I'm sure someone in HQ will get their fingers out, but the biggest race of the year, a fantastic first stage result for the Yates twins and yet nothing from HQ with regards to the scores for yesterday. I appreciate that sometimes there are server glitches but Tony's thought that someone will probably get the scores done before stage 2 starts seems a little lame from the normally excellent team. Maybe they were celebrating too hard after the British win?

Nick Reid | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hi All,

Anyone know when the scores / points for riders will be posted for Stage One of the Tour?  

The hopes and dreams of many fantasy cyclists rest on this info

Regards,

Nick

tony kappler replied to Nick Reid | 1 year ago
0 likes

Sorry Nick, I've gone bush for a few days (I'm normally plan C for scoring Down Under), and haven't got good internet/facilities. I presume TER or Andy will score before next stage.

Nick Reid replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

Thanks Tony. Appreciate this

Lenny B replied to Nick Reid | 1 year ago
0 likes

Is there any way we can give TER or Andy a nudge? Only 90 minutes before Stage 2 selection ends so it would be great to have the scores soon. 

teckert replied to Nick Reid | 1 year ago
0 likes

sigh..... I rely on the emails as a reminder. Completely slipped my mind until now when it came through and of course its too late!
There goes 3 weeks....  2

Condor Andy replied to Nick Reid | 1 year ago
1 like

I was working last night from just after the stage finish until the small hours of the morning. Life just gets in the way sometimes, apologies.

teckert replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

All good. I should be more organised myself.

In the end it worked out well with who I already had in my team, and I've saved some transfers!!  1

Pages

Latest Comments