Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France 23

I have opened the comp; there will be lots of rider changes I assume, but it will give you something to waste next week thinking about.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

81 comments

stevemarks | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think the deadline is a day too late

tony kappler replied to stevemarks | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm always capable of a monumental blunder, but I think 1st July, 12.15pm local time is good. Correct me if i'm wrong.

stevemarks replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
3 likes

Apologies I'm actually here in the Basque country and had arranged to be on route a day early for some reason. I had assumed a start on foreign soil was a Friday start. But I just got it wrong. Never mind, an extra day of enjoying these wonderful roads. Sorry must run have an appointment with a bike and a mountain called Jaizkibel. smiley

11waterloo replied to stevemarks | 1 year ago
1 like

It is a fantastic part of the world. Have spent many holidays down ther, usually with the bike! Enjoy yourself - here is the Jaizkibel from the French side! 

stevemarks replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

such a wonderful view

11waterloo wrote:

It is a fantastic part of the world. Have spent many holidays down ther, usually with the bike! Enjoy yourself - here is the Jaizkibel from the French side! 

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

It's almost the best bit, experimenting with different teams! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Resisted the temptation to make too many changes this morning. Just swapped in Cav and Woods for Ciccone and Waerenskjold, just to be different.

Good luck everyone.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
1 like

I left my purist team well alone this morning (now disappointed that Jakobsen didn't go for intermediate having got him in) . I was dithering over one final change in my standard team but then missed the deadline so the decision was made for me (was wondering whether to bring Teuns in, but will have to manage without him now)

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

I made a monumental screw up for Stage 2. After reading a certain review I mistakenly decided to replace Pogacar & Pidcock with Pedersen & Philipsen a stage earlier than planned, 76 points thrown away.

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

After several more monumental screw ups I found myself in 974th place but finally I go something right winning Stage 7.

Look out guys I'm now up to 588th.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

I am lurching from one disaster to another, but today's is pretty spectacular and it's not just replacing Groenewegen with Girmay . To free up money to be able to do this I took Cav out, which in terms of the game was sadly a wise move. My replacement for him..... Stef Cras who then joined Cav as the only other DNF today! Cras was my secret weapon for the mountains - 3.2 million and a pretty certain 10-20 place finisher on the upcoming mountain stages. It shows the folly of planning too far in advance!

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Nods, I took out Cav & Groenewegen too but it wasn't quite as bad as you,  van Aert scored well and Ferron is still in the race.

Do you think Groenewegen had two Shreded Wheat for breakfast? or maybe Frosties !!

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

Certainly didn't think he had 'rising sprint after tough day' in his locker!

0 likes

Groenewegen has defo been an irritating rider.  He has flopped on Groenewegen days and performed on Sagan days.

Maybe he has found out what Sagan used to have for breakfast?

MinardiM189 replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm finding Ewan more irritating right now, does well in the first 2 sprint stages and then he goes back to getting lost in the run in.

Trying a new tactic, picking riders whose surnames begin with the same letter. Tomorrow is a P day!!

1 like

Groenewegen on his shredded wheat again today. Guess who took him out thinking this stage was too hard for him?

0 likes

Sad for Cav, but more importantly, that has ended my hopes of winning the TdF Purist.

I thought I was going to avoid bad luck in the Purist, but just not going to happen.  I'm still top, but don't have enough riders for the flat stages to win now.

I also completely messed up my team for stage 9.  I looked at the team after the stage and it just doesn't have the riders I thought I picked the night before.  Looks like I did half of one plan and half of the other or something.  Doing your team at about 2/3am is not clever.  Sloppy.

0 likes

On occasions I have made my transfers and then forgotten to click the confirm transfer button. If you don't do all the transfers at once this will give you a mixed up team.

Daniel Norton replied to MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

It must have been something like that.  I can't even work out how I did it, the team just looked completely wrong.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

It is a horrible feeling when you do something like that. Last year I accidentally brought in the rider below my intended one and didn't spot the error until the scores came out. I festered about it for ages but at least I now double check before confirming my transfers!

RambleOn replied to | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was gonna do Pedersen, Philipsen, Groenewegen, Coquard and Meeus but then I noticed Laporte that 's when game crashed. 

Pages

Latest Comments