Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro 24

2 days to go; profiles have been recently changed and a new "intergiro" sprint and comp have been added, of which no details are available. Therefore the "intergiro" sprint/comp will not be scored.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

MinardiM189 | 4 months ago
0 likes

Is the most combatitive rider being awarded points?

I thought Pellizzari won the award yesterday.

Shouldn't he have another 10 points?

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 months ago
0 likes

I don't think it's been awarded all through the Giro. It's done by a public vote from 4 nominees and isn't announced until later than the other results so it would probably delay scoring the game. That's my guess anyway. 

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 4 months ago
0 likes

If that is the case fine.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 months ago
0 likes

I am only guessing that is the reason. Combativity is a bit of an oddity in the game as it is completely subjective, unlike all the other ways of scoring. Here it seems to go to a public vote, whereas in the Tour a mysterious jury decides on the daily winner (usually a French rider who has made the break!). I'm not a huge fan of it in the game as it is a bit random, a bit like the 10 points for last rider home. Overall I like the game format, so just accept things like this as elements outside my control! 

11waterloo | 5 months ago
0 likes

I think that is the correct decision. It would put too much emphasis on predicting the break if there were effectively 3 intermediate sprints. The combativity award also tends to come from someone in the break as well so I think we can live without a new category! 

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 4 months ago
0 likes

There has always been 10 points for the most combatitive rider in each stage of a race.

It is still listed in the stage information.

https://gyazo.com/593e2e6e50974cca39d1105806830495

tony kappler replied to MinardiM189 | 4 months ago
0 likes

Sorry guys, something should have been said about combativity, but I haven't been that involved or looking at forum posts. I think because the combativity award was not announced until the next day, for the game it would mean rescoring every day. I can't remember if it has always been like this for the Giro, but I expect next year there will be no combativity listed to be scored.

Latest Comments